Thursday 31 January 2008

What happened so far

Running week 2 (28.01.08)
Had a cold last week... Felt bad, my heart rate raising already with normal - not even that, with slow walking.But had a good 4 times 5 minutes of very slow running yesterday. All dogs with me on leash.

1/2 (19.01.08)
Just back from a long walk with the dogs. Ran during that walk 3 times 5 minutes with one minute fast walking inbetwwen. Felt good!Yesterday I walked very fast with them for 20 minutes.

1/1 (Week 1/Day 1) (17.01.08)
Ran 3 times 5 minutes with one minute walking inbetween. It was around 6 pm, I felt ok and had all dogs with me.

Start (17.01.08)
Managed to kind of pre-start off with nearly 5 minutes running non stop on the doggie night walk yesterday. This was when I had just decided to do what I wrote before, walking fast through the dark, the dogs on leash around me. Just a little step to fall into a slow running pace saying "jogging" quietly as a hint for the dogs. Dingo knows this command and set off stopping to sniff immediatly, touching my knee slightly with his nose, then running happily ahead on a loose leash. I love these little signs of understanding and contact. Flavie ran on a not exactly always loose leash next to him and Josy slightly behind or beside me. Wearing my raincoat, jeans and Birks this was... will have to get my running shoes from the box in the basement - oh wait, they are no longer in the box, they have a home - and some workout pants from the box in the bedroom - oh wait, I know about at least one pair of pants I can wear for running that is out of any boxes! Need to find a hat in case it rains (hate raindrops on my glasses) in one of some boxes I don't know where they got - oh wait, haven't I seen a box with accessories the othere night? So there is really no excuse not to start properly!

The decision (17.01.08)
My first 5K run will be on Feb. 21.!!! Exactly five weeks from now. Nothing official and I will be the one and only starter. It is just for me. My birthday present from myself. Will hit the 39 on that day.So I have a goal now and an appointment with myself on that day!My plan for training is to run with one of the dogs (in daily turns - they will love it, I am sure!) after their daily "big" walk or after their evening walk. On weekends possibly in the morning.Not sure yet if I will use my "running 30 minutes non stop as goal" training program that I have started several times yet. Started and then found out again and again that I am not someone who has fun running or that it is inconvenient to get to the place where I can run or...NO MORE EXCUSES NOW!!! I now live directly at the edge of the fields where I can run safely! There are several possibilities of round courses to take for different distances. Just will have to check the distances once with my bike. Don't have moved the bikes yet, though.Until then I will just run for a certain time not a distance. So I will stick to my old training program (and by the way, 5 kilometers is what can run in about half an hour) And check for a 5K round with the car within the drivable roads. Positive for that!I feel so full of energy just for having made this decision and having this goal to work for! It's so exciting!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for leaving your comment. I am always trying to respond to each of your comments. Check here for my answers if I am not able to reach you directly via e-mail.